We provide water market information including allocation announcements, trade zone water restrictions, dam storage levels, weather outlook, industry news and events that have occurred in the water market, helping you to make informed decisions around your water planning needs.
Get these insights along with regional content for your area sent directly to you by signing up to our weekly e-newsletter!
Call us If you wish to discuss how this could impact your water planning needs, on 1800 890 285 or login to your account.
Temporary Water Pricing
Prices are updated every Friday, log into our online exchange to view the live market price.
|Region/ zone||Temporary price - ML|
|NSW 13 Murrumbidgee||$250/ML|
Dam storage levels
|Blowering||1,609,859 ML||606,226 ML||38%|
|Burrinjuck||1,023,036 ML||313,747 ML||31%|
|Hume||3,036,393 ML||571,307 ML||19%|
|Dartmouth||3,827,698 ML||1,828,104 ML||48%|
|Eildon||3,250,150 ML||1,248,469 ML||38%|
Water trade restrictions | 15 May 2020
- NSW to Vic is open with 87.99GL of net trade currently allowed from NSW to Vic, due to current risk of spill in the Murray still being below 50%.
- Goulburn out trade is closed to temp trade with the Murray.
- Goulburn in trade open with 195.62GL as the total volume owed to the Murray system is still greater than zero.
- Murray to Murrumbidgee is open with capacity for 0.6GL to be transferred into the Murrumbidgee valley.
- Murrumbidgee to Murray is open with capacity for 99.4L to be transferred into the Murray.
- Barmah Choke is open with a current balance of 0.04ML however, small openings will continue to be observed.
- Lower Darling River is closed to temp trade with the Murray.
Bureau of Meteorology outlook for May to July says drought not over, but a glimmer of hope for farmers as BOM forecasts wetter than average conditions are likely for most of Australia during the remainder of autumn and into winter. Watch the BOM video.