We provide water market information including allocation announcements, trade zone water restrictions, dam storage levels, weather outlook, industry news and events that have occurred in the water market, helping you to make informed decisions around your water planning needs.
Get these insights along with regional content for your area sent directly to you by signing up to our weekly e-newsletter!
Call us If you wish to discuss how this could impact your water planning needs, on 1800 890 285 or login to your account.
Temporary Water Pricing
Prices are updated every Friday, log into our online exchange to view the live market price.
|Region/ zone||Temporary price - ML|
|NSW 13 Murrumbidgee||$500/ML|
Dam storage levels
|Blowering||1,609,859 ML||606,226 ML||38%|
|Burrinjuck||1,023,036 ML||313,747 ML||31%|
|Hume||3,036,393 ML||571,307 ML||19%|
|Dartmouth||3,827,698 ML||1,828,104 ML||48%|
|Eildon||3,250,150 ML||1,248,469 ML||38%|
Water trade restrictions | 13 March
- NSW to Vic is open with 69.05GL of net trade currently allowed from NSW to Vic, due to current risk of spill in the Murray still being below 50%.
- Goulburn out trade is closed with Goulburn’s IVT account having a current balance of 0ML, however small intermittent openings continue.
- Goulburn in trade is open with 188.7GL as the total volume owed to the Murray system is still greater than zero.
- Murray to Murrumbidgee is open with capacity for 51.9GL to be transferred into the Murrumbidgee valley.
- Murrumbidgee to Murray is open with capacity for 48.1GL to be transferred into the Murray.
- Barmah Choke is open with current balance of 0.08ML, and small openings continue to be observed.
- Lower Darling River is closed to temp trade with the Murray.
Bureau of Meteorology releases its 2020 autumn outlook
Climate and Water Outlook for March to May 2020, issued 27 February 2020The Climate and Water Outlook video provides a look at likely rainfall, streamflow and temperature for the months ahead. Watch BOM’s video for more detail.