Consultation on proposed changes to private carryover policy in South Australia
The 2019 Water Allocation Plan for the River Murray Prescribed Watercourse incorporated an updated private carryover policy as a drought management measure. Changes are now proposed to the private carryover policy to enable carryover to be rolled over from one year to the next in a series of dry years instead of being lost if allocations reach 100%. The draft Plan, incorporating the proposed changes, has been released for comment and consultation is now underway to approve changes before mid-April 2020, when the first projected minimum opening water allocation announcement is due to be made.
You can provide your feedback as a written submission by 10 March 2020, for information about how to make a submission, visit the website.
Information sessions will also be held at the following locations to discuss the proposed changes:
Location: Loxton Research Centre, Bookpurnong Road, Loxton
Date: Tuesday 4 February 2020
Time: 11.00 am – 1.00 pm
Location: Murray Bridge Golf Club, 1 Ritter Road, Murray Bridge
Date: Thursday 6 February 2020
Time: 11.00 am – 1.00 pm
Separate information sessions are planned for March/April 2020 to discuss water resource availability and water outlook for the 2020-21.
Australian Competition & Consumer Commission releases public feedback on Murray-Darling Basin water markets inquiry
The ACCC released an issues paper on 17 October 2019 seeking views on the key issues affecting markets for tradeable water rights in the Murray-Darling Basin. Submission to the issues paper closed 29 November 2019. Public versions of the submissions received are now available from the ACCC website, with further submissions to be posted on the ACCC website in February 2020.
You can read our submission to the ACCC here.
On the radio | Waterfind’s Chief Executive, Tom Rooney on ABC Victoria Country Hour
Tom Rooney, chats with ABC’s Nikolai Beilharz, providing insights into irrigation water costs plateauing, on @ABC Victoria Country Hour.
Interview starts at [1:05] and finishes at [8:57]
- RT @BOM_au : What's the #BOMoutlook for April to June? 🌧️ Above-average rainfall for Western and parts of southern Australia 🌡️ Warmer tha… 1 day ago
- Get serious about keeping your distance, bush told https://t.co/fzfID3iSJX via @FarmOnline 2 days ago
- RT @MD_Basin_Auth : It’s been a long journey but today flows went over the top and into the lower #Darling for the final leg to the Murray #… 2 days ago
- RT @SunWaterLimited : Burdekin Falls Dam is at 102% capacity and continuing to spill water. Outflows are decreasing. The boat ramp is now op… 2 days ago
- Lifeblood of the community https://t.co/DiNUui4fTL via @qclnews 2 days ago